Chesapeake Bay, United States
Aspiring writer/illustrator of books for children of all ages, friendly introductions to science through sailing and nature play.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Revisiting Backyard Wetclay Mandala


Disturbance

It rained! Note the sand-heavy soil of my back yard! 
Lots of marshes on this part of Earth's crust.  
Mythological has become Scientific: 
Geologic, Anthropologic 
Chronologic
(logic)


I bisqued the commercial clay pieces from the "backyard mandala" (see previous "Verb assignment" posts) with dirt still on them.  Some unexpected orang-ish dust became more evident after the firing.

I plan to display these without glazing them. Perhaps a clear coat or resin over the interesting particulates that add to their history.  

I should add My Backyard as a "location sample!" More on that (my Ceramics Handbuilding class final) [soon!]